My Button!

Please feel free to grab my button!
Photobucket

Friday, March 13, 2009

Yes, Lord!

Yes, Lord!

When you need prayer, just say “yes” to contacting us and letting an online mentor pray with you!

You have probably noticed the advertisement for the new movie, Yes Man. I have not watched the movie, but its plot involves answering “yes” to every request. For the main character, portrayed by comedian, Jim Carrey, saying “yes” begins an adventure.

As I contemplate our faith walk with Jesus and growth in our character, the same word comes to my mind – yes. A distinctive characteristic of a Jesus follower manifests itself when the Lord requests “follow Me” and our answer is “yes, Lord.” When the Lord prompts us to confess, speak, act, walk, trust, believe – whatever He asks, our answer needs to be, “yes, Lord.”

I don’t think we realize what is at stake if we say no, or not now. We forfeit the blessings the Lord has for us. The Israelites forfeited their blessings because of their rebellion. They did not trust that our Heavenly Father knows best. He knows what we need and what we need to know and learn. He knows exactly what it takes to mold us and make us holy – set apart for Him. He sees the bigger picture and wants us to experience His best.

In Hebrews, Paul explains to us:

“Today when you hear His voice, don’t harden your hearts…Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God…For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.” Hebrews 3:6,7,12,14

“Yes” expresses our trust and belief in God’s sovereignty. “Yes” honors the Lord and accepts His Lordship. “Yes” says, “not my will but Yours be done.” There are consequences to saying “yes” to the Lord. Sometimes, He asks us to do something we consider difficult or He asks us to do something we oppose; however, as we continually offer the Lord our “yes,” He will build our character. Obedience is worship in action.

Lord, when I hear your voice today, may my answer be yes. Yes, Lord, may Your will be done in my life. I want to say, “Yes, Lord, I will follow wherever You lead” and “I believe and trust You.” Thank you, that as I say “yes,” and trust You, I will share in everything that belongs to Christ.”

Questions: Is there an area in your life where you are saying, “no” or “not now” to the Lord? What holds you back from saying “yes” to the Lord with no strings attached?

About this Author: Donna Mitchell

Daily audio podcast: Hear today’s daily devotional, Yes, Lord!, read aloud today on the Men’s Devotional Blog

1 comment:

Alma Zulema said...

Hi Kris! Dropping by to say hello. Hope you're well. TTYS! :)