My Button!

Please feel free to grab my button!
Photobucket

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lost & Found

Lost and Found

Why do we wear masks? And how can we get behind the mask to our real selves and the image of God which we all possess? Our online interactive study “Behind the Mask” explores this issue.

The old hymn “Amazing Grace” assures, “I once was lost but now am found…”

It makes me think of Enoch’s lost and found experience recorded in Genesis 5:24: “Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.”

A prophet, Enoch spoke God’s truth to an evil and corrupt society. Side by side Enoch and his Savior strode, Enoch listening, nodding in obedience, then bravely proclaiming God’s insight to those who were jaded and disillusioned by sin.

Then, suddenly, Enoch was no more; his journey on earth was completed. God was so pleased with Enoch that it was time to continue their walk down the golden streets of heaven.

How is your walk with God? Do you walk side by side with Him or do you run ahead impatiently, deciding when and where God’s truth applies? Maybe you linger, dragging your heels, because speaking God’s truth has been challenged with sandpaper-like disapproval.

Walk abreast with Christ, hunger for His character, and strive to be His voice of truth.
Get lost in God’s amazing grace and like Enoch, find yourself commended as one who pleased God.

Lord, as I lose myself in Your grace, may I find myself hungering to be more like You. Help me to walk steadfastly in Your truth, influencing others for Your glory. I am overjoyed that You want to delight in me!

Response: Tell us about your journey with God. Share your lessons of mercy, hope and adventures that keep your hungering for God.

About this Author: Charlene Friesen

Daily audio podcast: A second daily devotional, A Tough Command, today on the Men’s Devotional Blog

No comments: