My Button!

Please feel free to grab my button!
Photobucket

Monday, May 11, 2009

Jesus Prays for You!

Jesus Prays for You

Wondering about unanswered prayer?

“I pray not only for these, but also for those who believe in Me through their message” John 17:20 (HCSB).

During the Last Supper, Jesus prayed for himself, and then he prayed for the disciples.

And then, with the hour of his death approaching, he took the time to pray for you. He prayed for all those who would believe through the ministry of the disciples, and that means you.

Jesus prayed for you, and this is what he said to God:

“I pray not only for these, but also for those who believe in Me through their message. May they all be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I am in You. May they also be one in Us, so the world may believe You sent Me.”

“I have given them the glory You have given Me. May they be one as We are one. I am in them and You are in Me. May they be made completely one, so the world may know You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me.”

“Father, I desire those You have given Me to be with Me where I am. Then they will see My glory, which You have given Me because You loved Me before the world’s foundation” (John 17:20–24, HCSB).

What does this mean?

Jesus cares for you – And, in fact, he still prays for you: “Therefore He is always able to save those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede for them” (Hebrews 7:25, HCSB).

Jesus wants you with him in heaven – “Father, I desire those You have given Me to be with Me where I am” (John 17:24, HCSB).

Jesus empowers you to follow God’s purpose – “I have given them the glory You have given Me. May they be one as We are one. I am in them and You are in Me. May they be made completely one, so the world may know You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me” (John 17:22–23, HCSB).

Questions: Does the fact that Jesus prayed for you make it easier to pray to Him? What difference does it make to you that Jesus is praying for you?

No comments: